Friday, July 5, 2013

My EDC

Little emergencies happen every day, and often when big emergencies come, they come without giving one time to run home for supplies. These are my "every day carry" (EDC) items, the bare minimum I have with me at all times. Striking the balance between being totally prepared for any foreseeable contingency and not wanting to pull a wagon around behind me, I'm doing reasonable well with:


Leatherman Squirt PS4 Keychain Tool with Plier (left front pocket)

Business card wallet with cash, credit cards, ID (left front pocket)

Handkerchief (right front pocket)

Lucky Line Key Ring with several split rings (right front pocket):
Samsung Galaxy S3 (belt)
  • Address book
  • Encrypted data (see USB drive above) via Dropbox
  • Important photos
  • Internet access
  • Access to work e-mail and personal Gmail
  • First aid manual
  • SD Emergency app (San Diego specific alerts)
  • Maps
  • Translate
  • Drugs database
  • Scanner Radio app
  • Flashlight app
  • Bible
  • Homebanking apps
  • Forum apps
  • Kindle app (where my SHTF & prepper library resides)

It sounds like a lot but in the end it's just two items in my left pocket, two items in my right pocket, and my cellphone.

Items that I acquired and intended to carry but turns out I rarely do:

Related articles:

No comments:

Post a Comment